Night School Transformation Program Impact
The impact indicated below is a result of the dedication and hard work of Team Masoom, and is a constant source of inspiration and encouragement for us:
Masoom has seen visible improvement on almost all parameters that are used to track the performance of our intervention – increased enrollment, reduction in dropouts, better pass rates in SSC examinations and ultimately a larger number of our students wanting to pursue courses on vocational skills. The impact indicated below is a result of the dedication and hard work of Team Masoom, and is a constant source of inspiration and encouragement for us:
- Masoom has reached out to more than 15,000 + direct beneficiaries from 2008 onwards.
- Masoom has moved from 2 schools in 2008–09 to 82 schools till date.
- Attendance percentage has moved up from 34% in 2008–09 to 62% by 18 - 19 across all Masoom schools.
- SSC Pass percentage has moved up from 36% in 2008–09 to 66.08% by 2017–18.
- 250 Teachers were trained by Masoom in last academic year.
- Due to Masoom’s intervention, government has issued GR for providing nutrition to standard 8th students of night schools. Near about 4000 students across night schools are getting access to evening meals provided by government. This sums up to around INR 28 Lac. Per annum.
- Due to regular meetings with the government, they have waived off rent of the schools till 2011 which has saved almost INR 11 Lac. Of trusts running night schools.
- Due to regular meetings with the BMC officials, Night schools are given access to play grounds and access to classrooms on Sundays and holidays for extra classes.
- Masoom is now one of the Textbook Partners of Government and gets textbooks at discounted rates directly from the government book bank helping Masoom to save around INR 2 Lakh every year.
Career Cell Impact
- Career Guidance was provided to more than 2569 Students.
- Total Students supported in Short Term courses so far are more than 1590.
- Total Students supported through Long Term Courses are 64 students.
- Interest Mapping is done for 2045 students
- Out of the supported students, 532 students are placed so far with and average salary of more than 10,000 /- per month.
Tech On Wheel Impact
Total 1321 students have been covered under tech-on-wheels program from Day (29) and Night (29) schools till date.