Night School Transformation Program Impact
The impact indicated below is a result of the dedication and hard work of Team Masoom, and is a constant source of inspiration and encouragement for us:
Masoom has seen visible improvement on almost all parameters that are used to track the performance of our intervention – increased enrollment, reduction in dropouts, better pass rates in SSC examinations and ultimately a larger number of our students wanting to pursue courses on vocational skills. The impact indicated below is a result of the dedication and hard work of Team Masoom, and is a constant source of inspiration and encouragement for us:
- Masoom has reached out to more than 20,000 direct beneficiaries from 2008 onwards.
- Masoom has moved from 2 schools in 2008 - 09 to 85 schools till date.
- Attendance percentage has moved up from 34% in 2008–09 to 57% by 19 - 20 across all Masoom schools.
- SSC Pass percentage has moved up from 36% in 2008–09 to 83.60% by 2019–20.
- Students securing first class has moved up from 5% in 2008–09 to 18% by 2019–20.
- 400 teachers are trained by Masoom in every year.
- Due to Masoom’s intervention, government has issued a GR for providing nutrition to standard 8th students of night schools. About 4000 students across night schools are getting access to evening meals provided by government. This sums up to around INR 28 Lac. Per annum.
- Due to regular meetings with the government, they have waived off rent of the schools till 2011 which has saved almost INR 11 Lac. Of trusts running night schools.
- Due to regular meetings with the BMC officials, Night schools are given access to playgrounds and access to classrooms on Sundays and holidays for extra classes.
Career Cell Impact
- Career Guidance is provided to more than 2569 students by 2019-20
- Vocational courses have reached out for 1851 students by 2019- 20
- Long Term courses have reached out for 101 students by 2019- 20
- Placements of 729 Students by 2019 - 20.
Tech On Wheel Impact
- Tech on Wheels has reached to more than 1500 students by 2019-20.
- Students have learnt about basic skills of website development, Video Games Making. This has given them tremendous confidence to explore these areas as career options.
Evening Learning Centre
- 410 students are enrolled in 9 centres of ELC in Mumbai, Gujarat and Pune..